SNAPPLATE™ for Tesla Model X (2015 - Jan 2021)
SnapPlate removable front license plate mounts install and completely remove in seconds. The clean, minimal design blends perfectly with the Tesla front end when it’s installed and leaves no unsightly hardware behind when it’s removed. The third-generation plate mount is height adjustable with high, center, and low mounting positions to suit your taste. It includes a standard solid joint and two screws to attach to our angled SnapPlate bases or you can add a breakaway joint for extra grille safety.
SnapPlates are designed, printed, and assembled in California by Tesla owners and fans. We strive to reduce our environmental impact by using 3D printers to make strong parts with internal structures that optimize our use of plastics and by offsetting our 3D-printer farm’s energy with Tesla Solar and Powerwalls.
This SnapPlate fits the 2015-2021 (pre-refresh) Model X only and comes with a standard US license plate (12″ x 6″) with holes at 7″ x 4.75″ (178mm x 121mm). It also fits plates in Canada or Mexico with the same hole dimensions. Looking for a different vehicle? We have the whole Tesla lineup, spare parts, and more in our shop.
SnapPlate attaches and removes in seconds and is:
Hanging a license plate off the front of the plastic grille is actually pretty dangerous for the grille and grille replacements are expensive. To make SnapPlate grille-safe, we designed it to break away if it is stressed by car washes, fender benders, vandals, etc. We know things happen, so we sell replacement parts for less than it costs us to make and ship them.
Each SnapPlate comes with:
- One fully-assembled front license plate mount, ready for your license plate
- Four black and four silver torx security screws for the plate
- One black torx security screw to optionally secure it to the car
- One torx security screwdriver to keep in the car
- One zippered case to keep all the accessories tidy in your car
SnapPlate is perfect to:
- Remove your plate for car shows
- Install to avoid tickets while parked at a meter
- Remove to clean your car at home or at a car wash
- Install for toll-by-plate roads and bridges
- Deter theft with torx security screws on the plate and mount
- Install a temporary plate to support your favorite team on game day
Easy Installation and Removal in Seconds:
To install SnapPlate:
- Push the left side of the front to rotate the latches open
- Line it up with the center of the grille
- Plug it in
- Push the bottom of front to rotate the latches closed (internal magnets keep it closed)
- Optionally, if you want additional security, use the included screwdriver to install the black security screw into the hole on the right side
To remove SnapPlate:
- Loosen the security screw, if you’re using it
- Push the left side of the front to open the latches
- Nothing left behind